Dusty Roads Entertainment DJ FAQ's
There are many things to consider when choosing a DJ service for your event. Below are just some of the questions that event planners suggest you ask when considering a DJ.
What makes Dusty Roads Entertainment unique from all other DJ's of the area?
Like other DJ's in the area, DRM is a full service mobile DJ entertainment company. Where we differ is the approach we use at each and every event we perform. We understand the stress that comes with planning a wedding, dance, or party event and our hope is to eliminate the stress while providing an event that will be remembered by everyone in attendance. In addition, every price package we offer is customized for the individual that will meet their budget needs.
What type of equipment do you use?
DRM uses the latest in professional sound and lighting sound equipment. We use all digital music that can be mixed and controlled by the DJ to create a packed dance floor. Our LED digital lights are controlled by the DJ to create a club style dance for their guests. Please note that we will provide a table for all of our DJ equipment at your event.
Do you provide music for wedding ceremonies?
Yes, DRM will provide music for both your wedding ceremony and the reception. In addition, we will provide wireless microphones to be used by the officiant and groom. All details will be discussed during the planning session.
How early will your DJ arrive to setup up?
Your DJ will arrive 2 hours before your event (unless other arrangements have been made during the planning period). Take down time usually is completed with an hour after your event.
What is your coverage area?
Located in the Atchison KS area, DRM will travel to the Atchison, Effingham, Leavenworth, Lansing, St. Joseph, and Kansas City Metropolitan area.
Can I pick what music the DJ will play?
Yes you can pick the music for your event. With our online planning tool, you can create some or all of the playlist that will be played. With this tool, the DJ will also have a better idea to the music selections to play.
Do you provide a written contract?
It is important to have a written agreement that outlines all DJ services to be conducted for your event. This agreement will need to be signed along with a deposit before your event will be considered booked.
Do you require a deposit?
Yes, DRM requires a 25% deposit along with a signed agreement before you event will be considered booked and the date reserved.
How do you book your service?
DRM uses a 5 step process to book and plan your event as outlined below:
1. Contact Us: Contact us via email, text, through our website, or by phone. Verify availability, pricing, and schedule a consultation meeting.
2. Meet with Us: With our consultation meeting, we can verify your event, calculate pricing, and get to know you.
3. Book with Us: When you let us know we are right for you, we can secure the date by sending a written agreement you. Please note a 25% retainer fee is required with a signed agreement.
4. Plan with Us: We will work with you through every step of the planning phase of your event. Our online tools include: Online planning forms, payments, music selection, and direct communication with us. This tool is Android and Apple Smartphone compatible making planning a breeze.
5. Time to have fun: Once we have verified all details via phone, email, or in person, it is time sit back and have fun.
How do you pay for your services?
All payments can be made online via our online portal or by cash and account balance must be received and paid in full 10 days before your event.
What type of music do you play?
DRM has an extensive library of music consisting of Classic Rock, Country, Oldies, Big Band, Disco, 80's to 90"s, and current pop music. If we do not have it, we will try to obtain it. With such a variety of music, there is something for all age groups assuring a packed dance floor for all attendees.